Multipurpose acrylic silicone sealant for wet areas
High quality one-component plasto-elastic acrylic silicone sealant for wet areas. Can be used in kitchens, bathrooms and other rooms that are exposed to water. Good for sealing ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as for sealing cracks and chips before painting.
High adhesion to various construction materials: concrete, wood, plaster, tiles, plasterboard, glass, aluminium, metals, PVC. Has high operating characteristics: it forms durable waterproof seams, it does not colour fade and accumulate dust, resistant to mould, most detergents and cleaning agents, UV, weather and temperature changes. Thixotropic, does not flow or drip down the joint.
When cured, the sealant film forms a glossy surface. Solvent-free and environmentally friendly.
- Can be painted.
- Resistant to UV radiation, mould growth, cleaning agents and detergents.
- Has a wide operating temperature range: from –40°C to +70°C.
- Dry to touch – 2 hours at 20±2°C and 60±5% humidity, for a coating thickness of 1mm. Dry to handle – 48 hours.
- A cartridge covers 20-22 running meters with a roll diameter of 4 mm.
In tightly closed container at temperatures from +4°C to +40°C. Withstands freezing up to -18°C, but not more than five cycles of freezing-thawing (6 hours of freezing, 18 hours of thawing).
How to use
- It’s recommended to apply the product at an ambient temperature not lower than +7°C. The temperature of the sealant should be +20°C… +25°C.
- Apply the sealant to clean, degreased surfaces. For degreasing, Silicone Remover KU-9100 is recommended.
- Protect surfaces with masking tape to ensure an accurate application.
- Cut off the tip of the cartridge above the screw thread, screw on the nozzle, unscrew the nozzle cap and cut off the nozzle diagonally (at an angle of 45°) according to the diameter of the joint width.
- Use a cartridge-operated gun for application.
- When the work is finished, smooth down the sealant with a putty knife before the film has formed.
- Remove the masking tape immediately after smoothing.
- After application, prevent the sealant from being in contact with water for at least 6 hours.
- Tools and surfaces should be washed well with water before curing.
- Remove cured sealant using mechanical methods.
Do not apply on surfaces that are in contact with drinking water or foods. Not for joints that are permanently under water (swimming pools, aquariums).