Acrylic sealant for wood and parquet
High quality one-component acrylic plasto-elastic sealant. Intended for sealing and grouting joints when fixing parquet, laminated and cork panels, filling gaps for skirting-boards, trims, wooden window frames and window sills. Can be used for sealing joints when working with lining boards and installing dividing walls.
Perfect for repairing and masking defects on any wood surface where joint mobility is less than 15%. For indoor works.
Highly adhesive to wood, cork, concrete, brick, stone and plasterboard. It is vapour-permeable, resistant to mould and fungus. Do not discolour over time. Will not crack or crumble, ideal for joints with deformation. Chemically neutral. Solvent-free, cures by water evaporation. Odourless. Easy to apply and clean, does not stain wood and laminate edges. When cured it can be sanded, painted with aqueous and synthetic paints.
- Applicable for all wooden surfaces.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, brick, stone, plasterboard, wood, PVC and other construction materials.
- Chemically neutral, non-corrosive.
- High elasticity and flexibilty.
- Has a wide operating temperature range: from –60°C to +50°C.
- A cartridge covers 20-22 running meters with a roll diameter of 4 mm.
White KSK-311, Grey KSK-312, Oak KSK-313, Beech KSK-314, Pine KSK-315, Wenge KSK-316, Mahogany KSK-317
Store in hermetically sealed original packaging at temperatures from +5°C to +35°C in a dry place.
How to use
- It’s recommended to apply the product at an ambient temperature from +5°C to +35°C. The temperature of the sealant should be +20°C… +25°C.
- Apply the sealant to clean, dry, degreased surfaces.
- Protect surfaces with masking tape to ensure an accurate application.
- Cut off the tip of the cartridge above the screw thread, screw on the nozzle, unscrew the nozzle cap and cut off the nozzle diagonally (at an angle of 45°) according to the diameter of the joint width.
- Use a cartridge-operated gun for application.
- Smooth down the sealant in the joint with a wet putty knife. Remove the masking tape immediately after smoothing.
- For cleaning the tool, use water, if necessary, adding cleaning agents.
- Remove cured sealant using mechanical methods.
- Dry to handle for a 3 mm thick coating – 48 hours (at 23 °C and 50 % humidity).
For painting, it is recommended to use paints and varnishes with film elasticity comparable to the sealant one. When painting coloured sealants, note that the colour of the sealant will change and become more intense.
Do not use for seams that are permanently under water. Do not use at ambient temperatures below +5°C and in high humidity (>70%).