General purpose silicone sealant
High-quality Silicone Sealant with acetoxy curing system is intended for household, renovation and construction projects. Designed to seal, join and protect non-porous surfaces from air and moisture penetration; for sealing window frames, door frames, cable ducts; sealing joints during the installation of plumbing equipment, air conditioning systems; protection of polyurethane foam from UV rays.
Characterized by excellent adhesion to stainless steel, anodized aluminum, glass, ceramic tiles, impregnated or varnished wood; most paints, and many plastics, such as epoxy, polyester, polyacrylate, and laminate. Fast skinning. Resistant to most detergents and cleaning agents, UV radiation, atmosphere and temperature changes and almost all aggressive agents. Thixotropic, does not flow or drip down the joint.
- Resistant to UV radiation, cleaning agents and detergents.
- Excellent adhesion to enameled and painted surfaces, glass, stainless steel, anodized aluminum, wood, PVC, porcelain, and other building materials.
- High elasticity.
- A cartridge covers 16-18 line meters of a 4×4 mm joint.
- Operating temperature: from -40˚C to +180˚C.
Transparent KSK-100, White KSK-101, Chocolate brown RAL 8017 | KSK-106
Store in tightly closed original packaging at temperatures from +5°C to +25°C in a dry place. During transportation, freezing down to -20°C is allowed for a total duration of not more than 30 days.
How to use
- It is advisable to conduct work at temperatures from +5˚C to +40˚C; the sealant temperature must be +20°C to +25°C.
- Apply the sealant to clean, dry and degreased surfaces.
- It is recommended that adjacent surfaces should be covered with masking tape to do the work cleanly.
- Cut the tip from the cartridge above the screw thread, screw the dispensing nozzle onto the cartridge, unscrew the nozzle cap and trim the nozzle diagonally (at an angle of 45°) to fit the width of the joint.
- Use a cartridge-operated gun for application.
- Smooth down the sealant in the joint with a wet putty knife and remove the masking tape immediately after the smoothing.
- Remove the sealant from tools and surfaces using a solvent (white spirit, or acetone) before the sealant has hardened.
- Remove cured sealant using mechanical methods.
- Skin Time – 10-12 minutes, sealant curing rate – 3 mm per day (at +23°C and 55% relative humidity).
- Operating temperature: from -50˚C to +120˚C.
It is not recommended to use the sealant when dealing with natural stone (marble or granite), metal surfaces prone to corrosion (lead, copper, zinc, or brass), or concrete, cement, plastered surfaces, as well as when working with mirrors. Do not use for sealing aquariums and underwater joints. Do not paint over!!!
No questions about this product yet...