Bitumen adhesive for roof shingles
Intended for bonding roof shingles, bitumen-based materials and polymer insulation films to roofs.
High adhesion to roofing felt, rubber, aluminium, galvanized steel, concrete and various plastics.
Withstands deformation and vibration, forms a shock-absorbing coating. For outdoor use, preferably.
- Does not crack when curing and stays elastic at low temperatures.
- The herbicide additive prevents the growth of algae, moss and lichen.
- Has a wide operating temperature range: from –30°C to +90°C.
- A cartridge covers 20-22 running meters with a roll diameter of 4 mm.
Store in tightly closed original packaging at -30°C to +50°C in a dry place, away from heating appliances. Protect from direct sunlight.
How to use
- Before applying, read the recommendations and installation instructions from the shingle manufacturer.
- It’s recommended to apply the product at an ambient temperature not lower than -5°C. The temperature of the adhesive should be +20°C… +25°C.
- Apply to clean, dry, degreased, free from dirt, rust and oil stains surfaces.
- Protect surfaces with masking tape to ensure an accurate application.
- Cut off the tip of the cartridge above the screw thread, screw on the nozzle, unscrew the nozzle cap and cut off the nozzle diagonally (at an angle of 45°) according to the diameter of the joint width.
- Use a cartridge-operated gun for application.
- Apply as a continuous coating using a putty knife or brush.
- When the roof shingles are fixing to the adhesive coat, ensure that there are no air spaces. In order to do this, press the bonding elements tightly together until the adhesive appears on the edges.
- If necessary, seal the joints in addition.
- Drying time at 20°C – up to 24 hours.
- Remove any excess adhesive with a putty knife.
- Remove cured adhesive from tools and surfaces using a solvent (white spirit, butyl acetate) for cleaning.
- Work outdoors or in a well-ventilated building. Do not use indoors or for enclosed areas.