Silicone sanitary joint grout
Sealant grout with acetoxy curing system, is used for filling joints where deformation can take place (heat-insulated floor, exteriors, terraces, corner joints). Ideal for high humidity areas: bathrooms, showers, kitchens, for glazing etc.
KUDO® sealant grout is recommended for filling joints between tiles, sealing joints around bathtubs, sinks and swimming pools, when installing sanitary equipment, windows, doors, glazing.
Forms a strong durable joint; after curing it retains its deformation flexibility of up to ±25%; does not accumulate dust; it is resistant to atmosphere and temperature changes. Thixotropic, does not flow or drip down the joint.
- Excellent adhesion to ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, glass and mosaics, sanitary ceramics, enamelled surfaces, stainless steel, anodised aluminium, wood, PVC, porcelain, faience and other building materials.
- Can be used as a sanitary sealant and silicone grout.
- With special antiseptic additives, it prevents mould and fungoid growth.
- It is resistant to UV, most detergents and cleaning agents.
- Has a wide operating temperature range: from –40°C to +180°C.
- Skin Time – 15-25 minutes, sealant curing rate – 3 mm per day (at +23°C and 50% relative humidity).
- A cartridge covers 20-22 line meters of a seam with a diameter of 4 mm.
Transparent KSK-160, Traffic white RAL 9016 | KSK-161, Quartz grey RAL 7039 | KSK-163, Silk grey RAL 7044 | KSK-164, Signal grey RAL 7004 | KSK-165, Pale brown RAL 8025 | KSK-166, Copper brown RAL 8004 | KSK-167, Beige brown RAL 8024 | KSK-168, Ochre brown RAL 8001 | KSK-169, Cream RAL 9001 | KSK-171, Light ivory RAL 1015 | KSK-172, Sand yellow RAL 1002 | KSK-174, Pale green RAL 6021 | KSK-175, Silver KSK-176, Gold KSK-177
Store in tightly closed original packaging at temperatures from +5°C to +25°C in a dry place. During transportation, freezing down to -20°C is allowed for a total duration of not more than 30 days.
How to use
- It’s recommended to apply the product at an ambient temperature from +5°C to +40°C. The temperature of the sealant should be +20°C… +25°C.
- Apply the sealant to clean, dry and degreased surfaces.
- Protect surfaces with masking tape to ensure an accurate application.
- Grout thickness should be 1/2 of the joint width (max. 12 mm).
- Apply the grout only to the side edges of the joint. Deep joints should be pre-filled with polyethylene foam cord.
- Allowed joint width: up to 6 mm without cording and up to 20 mm with cording.
- Smooth down the sealant in the joint with a wet putty knife moistened with soapy water. Remove the masking tape immediately after smoothing.
- Remove the sealant from tools and surfaces using a solvent (white spirit, or acetone) before the sealant has cured. Remove cured sealant using mechanical methods.
Note! It is not recommended to use the sealant when dealing with natural stone (marble or granite), metal surfaces prone to corrosion (lead, copper, zinc, or brass), or concrete, cement, plastered surfaces, as well as when working with mirrors. Do not use for sealing aquariums and underwater joints. Do not paint over!!!