Multipurpose polyurethane construction joint sealant, Shore 25
Polyurethane sealant KUDO® PROFF PU 25 is intended for bonding various building materials and sealing joints. Forms elastic and durable joints which are resistant to vibration and deformation.
Used for filling facade and roof joints, sealing of rainwater funnel, pipe penetrations, roof supports, etc.; for sealing of light metal and steel constructions, ventilation systems, containers, tanks, etc.; for filling and sealing of vertical and horizontal compensation joints, sealing of joints in concrete panels, in cable and pipe penetrations.
Polyurethane sealant has excellent adhesion to most construction materials: brick, concrete, stone, ceramic and concrete tiles, glass, plasterboard, polyurethane, various plastics (except polyethylene, polypropylene and fluoroplastic), enamel, ceramics, steel, copper, zinc, lead, aluminium, wood. For materials that are difficult to bond, such as PVC, ABS plastic, PMMA, liquid aluminum, lacquered metal, it is necessary to test bond beforehand. No priming is required. For indoor and outdoor works.
Has high operating characteristics: forms a permanently elastic high-strength and durable joint; elastic for the whole service life; resistant to loads and vibrations; excellent for joining materials with different temperature expansion. Weather and temperature resistant. Thixotropic, does not flow or drip down the joint, does not accumulate dust after curing. It’s possible to paint over with aqueous and synthetic paints (in the case of solvent-based paints, run a test).
- High elasticity and deformational stability. Can be painted over.
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to +80°C.
- No shrinkage or bubbles formed.
- Excellent adhesion to most construction materials with no primer.
- Covers 21 running meters with a roll diameter of 6 mm.
Signal white RAL 9003 | KSP-461, Signal grey RAL 7004 | KSP-463
Store in tightly closed original packaging at temperatures from +5°C to +25°C in a dry place. During transportation, freezing down to -20°C is allowed for a total duration of not more than 30 days.
How to use
- It’s recommended to apply the product at an ambient temperature from +5°C to +35°C. When it is cold, keep the sealant at +20°C before use.
- Apply the sealant to clean, degreased surfaces. For degreasing and cleaning, Silicone Remover KU-9100 is recommended. Sand the surface if necessary. Clean again after sanding.
- Protect surfaces with masking tape to ensure an accurate application and remove it immediately after applying the sealant.
- For application, use a dispensing gun for sealants in foil packs.
- Get the application gun ready: take the gun push-rod out until it stops, unscrew the nut and the nozzle, place the foil pack in the application gun. Carefully cut off the packaging left outside, close the gun, fixing the nozzle and the nut in the correct position: the cut packaging tip must fit into the nozzle. Cut off the nozzle diagonally (at an angle of 45°) to provide a suitable dosing hole.
- Apply as a continuous roller, without gaps and overspreads.
- Smooth down the sealant in the joint with a wet putty knife. A soap solution is very effective.
- Remove cured sealant using mechanical methods.
- Skin formation time is no less than 20 minutes, curing rate of 2-3 mm per day (at 23 °C and 50 % humidity).
- Clean surfaces with uncured adhesive using solvent (acetone, white spirit).
- Remove cured adhesive mechanically.
- Bonded items can be operated from -40°C to +80°C.
Warning! Do not use on surfaces where contact with food is possible.